Some programs might be suspended, but we are HERE for YOU!
NYJTL would like to proudly announce that 136 NYJTL heroes have voluntarily stepped up to staff the Department of Education’s crucial Regional Enrichment Centers (REC) during the coronavirus emergency.
REC programming began at 70 sites on Monday, March 23, and includes four NYJTL ACES locations: Hyde Leadership Middle and Elementary Schools, P.S. 42, and P.S. 12. Our NYJTL staff are voluntarily working in 35 REC locations.
These NYJTL heroes will:
- Work with respective school principals and leadership to determine how to best support distance learning.
- reate individualized school plans, including assisting in the implementation of both academic and social and emotional learning (SEL) based curriculum.
- upport technological classroom set up: dogu, Google classroom, and take-home classwork packaging and distribution.
- Distribute laptops and provide necessary supplies for children to effectively learn online.
- Supervise attendance, program administration, and general operations.
- Communicate with parents in languages other than English where needed.
- Provide crisis management and hands-on intervention.
- Assist kitchen staff with meal preparation and family pickup coordination.
- Develop daily communication with school, parents, and participants.
We have also provided a library of digital resources and activities to keep families healthy and learning after regular school hours. Check out a week’s worth of activities.
The Department of Education has provided additional materials to help keep students engaged beyond their online lessons. These resources are for students in all grades, from elementary to high school. Click here to check out these materials!
With so many kids home from school, GoNoodle: Good Energy at Home, is providing ways for families to move and learn together while staying active, focused, and calm! Click here to learn more!
Prodigy Math Games is delivering a unique learning experience for kids through an interactive math game where success depends on correctly answering skill-building math questions. Click here to play!
This comic book is an easy, and kid friendly way, to explain to your kids what the Coronavirus is and steps that they can take to keep themselves safe. Click here to read it!
After spending the day with their teachers learning online, your kids can spend the afternoon sketching Stitch from Disney’s Lilo & Stitch like a pro! Click here to watch the video!
- Stay tuned for more resources as we follow health and safety precautions!
What We’re Reading: