This year, NYJTL will be participating in Summer Rising, a New York City’s free summer plan for any child in grades K-12 who wants to participate.
- Summer Rising will be available throughout New York City to every student grades K-8, including students with disabilities.
- All programs will be run by local school leaders and trusted community-based organizations.
- Summer Rising programs are full day and in-person experiences.
- All programs will create a bridge back to school in the fall and give parents peace of mind as they return to work.
- The environment will be safe and supportive. Staff members are prepared to respond to children’s social and emotional needs.
- Summer programs will offer academic support, arts, recreation, and social-emotional support.
- All K–8 students participating in programs will have access to academic classes and enrichment programming, including field trips, arts activities and outdoor recreation. Students will engage in daily community building and social emotional learning activities.
- Breakfast, lunch, and a snack will be served to each student.