- Active Learning Activities
- Fun, family friendly activities to get your kids out of their seat and experimenting!
- Why is washing your hands important?
- We all know to wash our hands with soap and water, but do you why it is important to use both?
- The Catapult
- Get create and use household items to create a catapult!
- The Inchworm
- Learn how to make a paper worm move!
- Turgor Pressure
- Learn how water makes flowers bloom!
- Muscle Movement
- Do the statue challenge to learn more about how your muscles move!
- Self-inflating Balloon
- Use baking soda to make a balloon inflate on its own!
- DIY Lava Lamp
- Use items around your house to make a lava lamp!
- Pulpo lleno de emociones
- Crear un pulpo que represente sus emociones!
- Write a memoir and document your life!
- Leadership in Journalism
- Learn about leadership and how it is represented in journalism!
- Zentangle Pattern Hand
- Do this art activity to help you relax after a long day!
- Stamping with Lemons
- Use lemons, or any fruit you have at home, to create an abstract collage!
- Art Class with Ms. Luz
- Like Fortnite? Learn how to draw Peely with Ms. Luz!
- Origami with Ms. Angela
- Learn the history of origami!
- Dance Class
- Learn a fun contemporary dance with Ms. Kristen!
- Planks with Coach Danny
- Strengthen your core by practicing the plank!
- Coach Christian
- Follow along with Coach Christian as he teaches push-ups and sit-ups!
- Coping Skills
- Learn coping skills to help deal with you feeling?
- How Stressed Are You?
- Learn methods to help deal with stress!
- Ways to Talk to Kids About Sensitive Issues in the News
- Children who are aware of sensitive media content may be struggling with their thoughts and feelings about the stories and images. Here are tips on how to deal with sensitive media content.
- Dealing with sadness and frustration
- Tips for children experiencing sadness and frustration.
- Addressing Race and Trauma in the Classroom
- This resource is intended to help educators understand how they might address the interplay of race and trauma and its effects on students in the classroom.
- Helping Kids Understand Race
- Resources for parents to help their children understand race.
- How to Talk to Kids about Race and Racism
- Advice for people explaining race to children
- #USvsHate: anti-hate, bias, and inequality resources
- The #USvsHate project, created by Teaching Tolerance, is a nationwide anti-bias initiative to amplify student voice and push back against messages of bias and hate.
- Tennis With Coach Manny
- Follow along with Coach Manny as he shows us how to stay fit!
- Tennis Drills With Coach Oscar
- Follow along with Coach Oscar as he demonstrates simple, at-home tennis drills!
- Meeting the Ball with Coach Jeff
- Follow along with Coach Jeff as he teaches hand-eye coordination and warm up drills!
NYJTL has provided additional academic resources for you along with health, food, and wellness resources.