The Cary Leeds Center for Tennis & Learning offers a full range of Junior Pathway Programs for kids ages 5-18. Each program is designed to improve player skills using age appropriate equipment and ensuring transition throughout the NYJTL pathway. All levels are led by a staff professional, dedicated to providing the highest quality of tennis training to ensure success. Meet the staff here. Learn how to progress through our programming below!
Our goal in the Development Level is to teach students how to play tennis. We use a “Game Based Model” (GBM) that introduces skills as part of playing the game. We follow a youth progression pathway that uses low compression balls (red, orange, green and the traditional yellow), proper sized courts and equipment and modified scoring that enables children to play tennis faster. The program is designed to introduce tennis and improve children’s self-confidence and athletic skills while they learn basic tennis technique.
Our Tournament Team Program is designed to help players ages 8-18 develop the necessary skills to be successful, competitive tennis players. Team members receive instruction and practice learning effective technical, tactical, and mental skills. Our emphasis on physical training is specific to tennis and includes improving footwork, flexibility, agility, and core strength.
Fall Session: September 9, 2021 – January 23, 2022
- 11/25/21 – 11/28/21: Thanksgiving Break
- 12/20/21 – 1/2/22: Holiday Break
- 1/24/22 – 1/30/22: Make-up Week
Spring Session: January 31, 2022 – June 12, 2022
- 2/21/22 – 2/27/22: President’s Week
- 4/11/22 – 4/17/22: Spring Break
- 6/13/22 – 6/19/22: Make-up Week
On Court Safety Policy:
- Masks must be worn by all participants in Red, Orange & Green classes
- Masks must be worn by all participants under the age of 12
- Masks must be worn by all individuals, regardless of age or vaccination status, when there are more than 6 total people on the court, including the coach.
- Maintain physical distance
For external transportation options, please inquire at the front desk.
Changes to program selection will incur a $10 Admin Fee.