- Players or parents are responsible for checking their match time 24 hours in advance at nyjtl.org/mayors-cup or tennislink.usta.com/tournaments – ID# 100091319. For convenience, some match dates are posted 48 hours in advance, but exact match times are subject to change. It is important to check the website regularly.
- Format of play is 2 out of 3 tiebreak sets NO-Ad scoring – all levels
- Coaching, verbal or by hand signals of any kind, will not be allowed except during the ten-minute break, should a match result in a third set.
- Players may be scheduled to play two matches in one day, with 30-60 minutes rest between matches. A player should notify the tournament if they have played in another tournament in the area that day, as players will not be required to play three tournament matches in one day.
- Both roving and chair officials will be on site at all times during the tournament to enforce the rules of tennis. Officials will have the authority to monitor matches, call foot faults, and settle disputes.
- The chair or roving umpire will be the first in command to issue a point penalty. If a chair or roving umpire is unavailable or fails to assess the violation, the referee, tournament director, or designated assistant can issue point penalties. Flagrant unsportsmanlike conduct may result in an immediate default.
Point Penalty System: 1st Offense: Point, 2nd Offense: Game, 3rd Offense: Default
- A player is responsible for checking into the tournament desk at least 15 minutes prior to the start of his/her match time. Default time is 30 minutes from the posted time or when the match is called (if later than the posted match time.) However, the tournament director or designee may utilize his/her discretion in issuing a default for lateness.
- In cases of rain, all players must report to the tournament site unless notified to do otherwise. Every effort will be made to complete the tournament according to the stated format. However, the tournament reserves the right to alter that format and move matches to indoor facilities in the event of continuous rain.