The Schoolyard Tennis Program supplies free tennis equipment, teacher training, and ongoing support to schools that include tennis as a regular part of their physical educational curriculum.
About The Schoolyard Tennis Program
Schoolyard Tennis Programs run during the school year indoors and outdoors.
Schoolyard Tennis Program Benefits
- Free Equipment: NYJTL provides free tennis racquets and free tennis balls to participating schools.
- Free Training: Teacher training workshops (no prior skills necessary) are conducted by USTA-certified coaches.
- Free Ongoing Support: NYJTL Developers provide free on-site visits to each school for curriculum development.
- Play Year-Round: Indoors and outdoors, the Schoolyard Tennis Program runs year-round.
- Quality Workout: Tennis activities burn more calories than dodgeball, basketball, baseball or volleyball.
- 10 & Under Tennis: NYJTL incorporates the new USTA format designed for kids 10 and under which utilizes specialized equipment, shorter courts and modified scoring.
How To Enroll In The Schoolyard Tennis Program
- Teachers or PE instructors MUST speak with their school principle first and request approval for a tennis program to be included in their physical educational curriculum.
- Once the principle has approved for a tennis program at your school, please contact Senior Program Manager York Chu to schedule training.
Download Program Materials
For More Information
For more information, contact York Chu at 347-417-8156 or firstname.lastname@example.org.