From starting elementary school to acceptance into college, individuals and families receive counseling, tutoring, visit colleges, and are assisted with financial aid leading to scholarship offers.
About The Arthur Ashe Educational Guidance Program
- Admissions & Financial Aid Counseling - Students receive guidance as they transition from elementary school to middle school and from middle school to high school. Families are assisted with the college admissions, NCAA, and financial aid process.
- Arthur Ashe Essay Contest - Annual contest invites children ages 5-18 to research Arthur Ashe’s life, work, and ideals and to write an essay based on a selected question. Winners receive US Open tickets and are guests on Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day.
- Character Counts Curriculum Training - AAEGP trains NYJTL staff to deliver the Character Counts curriculum, a nationally-renowned character education program that emphasizes trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship.
- Scholarship Opportunities - Monetary resources for high school seniors available through numerous NYJTL and USTA-sponsored scholarships.
- High School Today College Tomorrow Program - Delivers guidance services for middle and high school students who participate in NYJTL tennis programs. 21st Century grants and the Neighborhood Development Area Program provide funding for SAT and SHSAT prep courses, math and English language tutoring, job readiness training, resume building, college visits and more.
- Summer Reading Clubs - Targets the reversal of the proven summer decline in literacy among students from lower-income neighborhoods. Participants enjoy reading, writing, group discussions, trophies, and keep as many free books as they can read.
Download Program Materials
For More Information
For more information, contact Administrative Assistant at 347-417-8157, Fax 347-238-2311 or email to email@example.com